Saturday, January 31, 2009
Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
- a hot breakfast buffet and coffee
- fun speakers and crafts
- a break from my sweet girls; (Did I just say that?)
- best of all, fellowship with other mommies who let me know I'm not alone in my joys and struggles!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
This is how I found the girls when we arrived at 10:00am.... (Poor things have been coughing instead of sleeping at night!)
These are the awesome "tools" my friend created to make our day more special.
- She created a Zoo coloring book and gave one to each of the kids to color while driving to the zoo. (I believe she printed them off the LA Zoo website!)
- She had a fun sticker chart her husband designed on the Mac, and everytime we saw an anuimal that was on our chart,we got to put a sticker next to it.
- When we were done, she had a mini zoo booklet that the kids got to look through and cirlce just the animals we saw. She also found this online, though at a different website.
Don't I have a creative friend?Allison showing off her sticker chart as we first gave it to her.
The fun cave....
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
- Not to brag, but I make some awesome blueberry/ oatmeal pancakes. Last year I shaped them into hearts the best I could and... just look how excited Allison was! Plus, I love traditions... however, I make these quite a bit. (We just had them again this morning!) So, they're not all that "special" to my girls anymore. (I had to include a picture of my cute heart-shaped batter bowl I got from a friend for my birthday last year!)
2. My mom gave me her heart-shaped waffle maker and I haven't had an occasion to use it, yet. Just think... with whip cream and strawberries! Yum! This would have been my preference, but then I found these:
3. Wow; yum! Gourmet Mom on the Go gives step by step instructions for making these yummy heart-shaped cinnamon rolls. (I put her button on my sidebar because she has lots of other fun ideas, as well!) I LOVE cinnamon rolls and these look awesome.
So, there's my dillema... What do you think? If you get a chance, leave me a comment and vote for option 1, 2, or 3! Oh, and here's my Oatmeal/ blueberry pancake recipe:
1 pint blueberries
· 1 cup milk
· 2/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
· 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
· 2 tablespoon brown sugar
· 2 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 2 beaten egg
· 2 tablespoon cooking oil
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a small saucepan heat the milk until hot; remove from heat. Stir in the oats. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
3. In a small bowl stir together the egg, oil, and vanilla. Add the oat mixture and egg mixture all at once to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Then add blueberries, and again stir until combined.
4. For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup of the batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or heavy skillet. Cook over medium heat about 4 minutes or until pancakes are golden brown, turning to second sides when pancakes have bubbly surfaces and edges are slightly dry.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Ok, my Southern California friends... I believe I have mentioned this one before, but don't forget to cut out your coupon for a free pop-in playtime at Pump it Up from your Rancho Cucamonga Guide. We got ours yesterday! It's on the bottom corner of the 3rd page. I've used at least 4 now... I even shared one with a friend, because we can't seem to use them fast enough, and they have no expiration! It's kind of tricky, because they don't look like a coupon, but they are. Happy bouncing!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
So, I figured out how to download pictures off the Mac... yay! However, I am still struggling with blogging on it. For example, it won't let me text above the pictures. Hmmm... any Mac users out there?
- Singing songs
- Simon says
- Slithering snake slalom course
- Sewing (We sewed the letter "s" on a 3x5 card)
- Slime (We used the borax/glue concoction and it worked great!)
- S shaped pretzels and smoothies for a snack... This was my favorite! I had never made real homemade pretzels before, and they were so awesome! You actually boil them before you bake them, kind of like bagels. I used Alton Brown's recipe... click here
- Snow and sand outside (We used the leftover snow from Natalie's birthday!)
- Seasons... We learned about the different seasons, then looked at pictures and tried to determine what season it was.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
- 3 Tbs. baking soda, (3/4 cup)
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch, (3/4 cup)
- 3 Tbs. white vinegar, (3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp. light corn syrup, (2 Tbs.)
- Food coloring
Mix all ingredients except food coloring in a small bowl. Pour the mixture into individual plastic tubs or jar lids. (I thought an ice cube tray would work, too!) Add 6-8 drops of food coloring to eachtub or lid, and mix. You can use them as they are, or let them harden into cakes and use like watercolors!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Triscuit LOVED the hike, too. He met many friends, and is now sound asleep on his pillow.
Here's the view from the top... gorgeous!