Monday, September 20, 2010

Ponderings...

I've often heard that raising kids gets more difficult as they get older... and it seems impossible. But, lately I've started to think that's true. Being physically exhausted is tough. And, that's where I'm living right now. At the same time, I am seeing my oldest daughter mature, and I can see how you grow to love them so much you just don't want to see them hurt. Yet, it's in our trials that we grow and in our weakness that He can be strong.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I try to enjoy each day and not wish away these times. But, today I am tired. I feel like there are numerous cards I want to write to friends... projects around the house I need to do.... planning I need to do for school and MOPS. I feel as though I am doing a little of everything, and nothing too well. I know it will pass... and I am thankful that it is drawing me to my knees, and reminding me of where my strength comes from!

For my birthday this past year, my Mom got me the most wonderful devotional book I've ever read. Seriously, I think every woman should have this book. It's called Jesus Calling, and literally every day the message is personalized just for me; (or so it feels!). Today was no different. I probably wouldn't have read it today had it not been another tough day. My mom is visiting, and I want to use every free minute to get things done. But, Jesus was calling, and I am so glad I listened! The scripture reference was 2 Corinthians 4:16 - 17. I am going to commit them to memory tonight!

God, thank you for the trials. Thank you for drawing me to You! Renew my strength. Amen!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails