Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Claremont

Awww... today... the perfect fall day! I shouldn't be blogging, I should be writing a poem about how glorious today was! (Actually, I should be sleeping... but the house is so perfectly quiet!)

Yes, today really was ideal. It was about 68 degrees, overcast, and Allison had her first cooking class in my favorite little Southern California town; Claremont! It was the first place I fell in love with when I moved here 13 years ago, andI haven't found a downtown I like better since!

The Young Chef's Academy is located in an old cannery-turned-artsy building. I would be happy just sitting on the old wood floors doing nothing.

Immediately upon arriving, Allison was greeted by a new "friend," and couldn't stop smiling!

(Her friend couldn't stop talking!)

On the menu? Vegetable Pad Thai and Cold Noodle Salad. When I arrived, I watched my girl eat carrots, red peppers, and cabbage, and say "YUMMY!" Huh? If I made it, I know she would have used a different adjective. I was so impressed, and so excited to see how much she enjoyed it!


After a few bites of the Pad Thai, she decided it wasn't for her. (That really surprised me since she likes my Pad Thai so much!) Ironically, Natalie and Sierra took over and ate the rest. Who would have thought?

While Allison was at class, Natalie, Sierra, and I walked to my all-time favorite bakery, "Some Crust." Chilly fall weather... pumpkin turnovers and bear claws from Some Crust... time alone with my 2 little ones... Priceless! What a delight spending 90 minutes with Natalie. She is such a JOY! We had so much fun, and I was just praising God for my girls. From there, we headed to the toy store. Before I knew it, it was time to head back. Time flew by! I can't wait for next Tuesday!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails