Monday, April 4, 2011

Dinner Al Fresco

Tonight we had Chinese Chicken Salad for dinner. (Salad dressing recipe given below!) As I was grilling the chicken, I kept thinking, "What a perfect evening!" Just before I called everyone to eat, it occurred to me... this would be a perfect night to eat outside!

Of course, that made dinner all the more exciting!

And, with the promise of a special dessert to come, even Natalie and Sierra ate their salad! (Well... Natalie did. Sierra had a few bites of chicken, one pepper, and called it quits!)


I had to throw in this picture of our apricots. Unfortunately, we hardly have any compared with last year. But, at least we have some!

I'll let you guess what the special dessert was. :)







Little turkey couldn't resist sharing with her best buddy.


Hard to believe rain is coming... but I have no doubt there are more beautiful evenings in the near future!
Here is the recipe for the dressing I like to use:
Asian vinagrette:
1/2 cup sesame oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails