Friday, November 28, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Since Natalie didn't get her nap, she fell asleep at 5pm, and I put her to bed... only to have Allison wake her at 6pm. So, right now she's watching "Baby Santa" (The Christmas Baby Einstein). As I'm sitting here listening to the music in the background, I am SO excited to decorate tomorrow! Several neighbors put up lights today, so from now until Christmas our evening walk to the mailbox will take a long detour around the block!
Enjoy these pictures, and know I am thankful for you!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
One of their 5 turkey crafts was simply painting at the easel... what kid doesn't love that?
They also had a special color-wonder turkey page to paint. Allison was excited to see the colors magically appear!
I thought this one was pretty cool. First, they gave the kids contact paper cut into a semi-circle of feathers. The girls got to stick a bowling pin-shaped body/head onto the middle, then add "real" feathers to the sticky part of the contact paper... no messy glue! When finished, they sprinkled sand over the remaining white spots to both give the body a brown feel, add texture, and take care of the rest of the sticky's. How clever!
There were even snacks and Thanksgiving stories. It was so awesome! Did I mention all this was FREE? I didn't even mention all the crafts and fun things they had for the kids to do, but I hope some of these ideas will give you a fun project with your toddler on Thanksgiving!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Homemade Mac and Cheese... our girls even ate all their broccoli!
A trip to the Cheese Museum... it was freezing cold outside! We got to try cheese curds, and the girls enjoyed watching the cheese being made! Doesn't sweet Micah look like Popeye in this picture? :)
Afternoon playdoh time.
Levi has a thing about making his name out of food. I think it is so cool!
Reuben is an amazing builder... Look at what they built!
Our yummy fajita fiesta!
They got caught holding hands... Isn't this adorable?
Friday, November 21, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Lollipops... is there anything more important to pack for a plane ride with toddlers?
fFinally, after a long day of traveling, we arrived at our friends' place and were thrilled to find a patch of snow!
The first snowfall for the girls... can't wait to show you more!
"Come on, sis... Let's explore!"
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Anyway, today was an awesome day and a tough day. I'm over the tough stuff, so let me share with you all the awesome parts! I'm counting my blessings! Count along with me :)
- This morning, after my haircut, I was walking out the door when the receptionist asked me if I'd like a free 15 minute massage. (Um... let me think about it; YES!)I was then led back to a cozy room, laid on a warmed bed with soft music and given the most awesome massage. It was sweet!
- I then headed, (without my kids), to do a little Christmas/vacation shopping when it occured to me that I had a coupon for a free drink at Starbucks. So, I stopped by there on the way!
- I went to a baby shower... what woman doesn't love to hang out with girlfriends, play games, ooh and aww at baby girl clothes, and eat chocolate?
4. I came home, checked the mail, and got my first free issue of Good Housekeeping. (I won a free year subscription a while back).
5. Our wonderful, incredible neighbors brought us chocolate chip cookies. We sort of have an unwritten neighbor law; whenever one of us bakes cookies, we have to share with neighbors.
- 6. I saved the best for last. Are you ready? Tonight a close friend and I drove 20 miles east to a church service in Redlands to hear my all-time favorite SARA GROVES give a free mini-concert at The Packinghouse Church in Redlands. Worship was awesome. Hanging out with my friend was awesome. And, meeting Sara Groves was AWESOME! For any of you mommys out there who don't know who she is, Sara has a must-have cd for mommy's called "Station Wagon." You can only buy it on her website. Check it out at http://www.saragroves.com/ She also has a new Christmas cd out that I had her sign. I am so looking forward to playing it, but I will force myself to wait until after Thanksgiving.
- Have a blessed day!!!!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Sunday, November 2, 2008
1 pound sweet Italian sausage,
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 cups beef broth
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup red wine
4 large tomatoes - peeled,
seeded and chopped
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/2 tablespoon packed fresh
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups sliced zucchini
8 ounces fresh tortellini pasta
3 tablespoons chopped fresh
1.In a 5 quart Dutch oven, brown sausage. Remove sausage and drain, reserving 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
2.Saute onions and garlic in drippings. Stir in beef broth, water, wine, tomatoes, carrots, basil, oregano, tomato sauce, and sausage. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Here are the pictures: Anybody want any candy? :)