Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy First Day of Spring!

Happy First Day of spring! I had my MOPS meeting this morning, where we made yummy calzones to take home and cook for dinner! That meant instead of having to rush back inside to make dinner this afternoon, I was able to relax and watch the girls paint away! The recipe is pretty simple and I believe I posted it before, but here it is again: equal parts water and corn starch, then add food coloring!
Anyway, these pictures are incomplete without the dialogue that went on:
Allison: "Look Mom, I'm making the tomb they put Jesus in! Here is the heavy rock to roll in front!"
Natalie: "Look, I making tomb, too!"
Mom: "Don't you just love painting outside?"
Allison: "Yes, and I love tombs!"

I also let the girls try some root beer with their special dinner. Natalie didn't even want to try it... Allison loved it! Personally, I am a bit of a root beer snob. Once I tasted Henry Weinhard's, it was all over for me. No other root beer will do!
I don't know what was better... the delicous aroma of a cooking calzone, the yummy first bite, or the fact that I didn't have to spend my afternoon cooking!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails