Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Little Girl, Big Questions!

On February 28, we were driving to Henry's when Allison asked, "Mom.. How do I live with Jesus forever?" Of course, I was caught completely off-guard and wondered if this was the right time and place to explain salvation and invite her to pray. Well, duh! So, I explained sin and our need for a savior the best I could to a 3 1/2 year old, and she said she believed and wanted to pray for Jesus to come into her heart. Isn't that exciting?

So, I thought the tough part was over... ha! Apparently, the questions/ comments were just beginning. Over the past 2 weeks, here are just a few of the questions/ comments I can remember...

“I have lots of questions in my heart for Jesus.”
“Why did God put sin in an apple?”
“I’m going to hold on to Jesus forever. I love Him SO much!”
“I can feel Jesus in my heart.”
“Why did Jesus have to die?”
“Why do so many people think Jesus can’t love them because of sin?”

Wow, huh? I have one deep-thinker!

3 comments:

Tricia said...

Oh that is just AWESOME!
My favorite is "I can feel Jesus in my heart". SOOOO wonderful!

Karen Hyde said...

Awesome, Allison! Those are some good questions. What an exciting time!

Rhonda said...

So so so exciting!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails