Friday, August 27, 2010

Another Fun Art Find!

We did it -- we made it through our first week of homeschooling! I hope to give you some highlights, soon! Today was day 5, and we "studied" day 5 of creation, when God made the sea and sky creatures. So, I came up with a fun little project for us...

First, I printed a picture of a fish I found on line. Next, the girls traced it with glue.

Do you know what that is? Yes, salt! The next step is sprinkling salt all over the glue. Then comes the hardest part: waiting for it to dry!

Really, you don't have to wait too long. In the meantime, the girls and I mixed water and food coloring for our paint! Now, for the fun: paint over the salt with the water colors!

Here's Natalie...
And, here's Allison...

Aren't those so fun? We will be doing this one, again!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails