Monday, May 18, 2009

Keeping the Sabbath...

Just last week I decided to go blog hunting, again. I do this every once in a while to find fun new craft ideas. Without pictures, I rarely read through blogs, but for some reason I had one catch my eye. It was a lady about my age with 2 toddlers, talking about how she grew up with her family honoring the sabbath, and how awesome that was for her as a kid.

Fast forward a few days... I was reading "Ladie's Home Journal" in the doctor's office, when an article caught my eye. Something about "keeping the Sabbath..." (Is Ladie's Home Journal a Christan magazine?) Anyway, I read the whole thing, and immediately knew what I needed to do.

Coincidence that I read 2 articles in one week about the 4th(?) commandment? I think not. I KNOW not! Why is it that we at least try to keep the other commandments, yet we don't even think about this one?

I'm sure it won't happen all at once... I'm starting slow... But, for now I have decided to fast my computer on Sundays. Doesn't sound too bad, huh? But, let me tell you... it was tough! But, it was also awesome! It's definitely the right first step. I will keep you updated as to how it's going. For now, I have more blogging to do!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails