Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Chocolate and Coffee Whole Wheat Cookies

Ok, I cheated... I made cookies WITHOUT my girls, today! I am feeling a wee bit guilty. We started out making them together, but then we got distracted by lunch, and the next thing you know it was rest time! (And, let me tell ya... Mama needed a break!) So, I finished them myself. And, they actually didn't complain! It was just my maternal genes that made me feel guilty, I guess!Anyway, I decided to branch out and try something totally new. I found a recipe for "chocolate coffee whole wheat cookies." Interesting....
I learned not to judge a cookie by its title. They were SO yummy! I brought them to my MOPS leadership meeting tonight, and they were gone!

Alright... I will share the recipe! Even if I do have to type it by hand. :)

Chocolate and Coffee Whole Wheat Cookies
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup soft brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
scant 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp. bran
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups rolled oats
1 tbsp. strong coffee (I used Starbuck's decaf House Blend)
2/3 cup walnuts toasted and coarsely chopped

  • preheat oven to 375. Grease 2 large cookie sheets. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg and beat well.
  • In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Then add the whole wheat flour and bran. Mix in the egg mixture. Then, stir in the chocolate chips, coffee, oats, and walnuts. Mix well.
  • Put rounded tablespoons full on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack before serving.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails