Monday, March 8, 2010

Skewer fluke

Tonight I was all ready to try some orange beef skewers, but realized I was missing one key ingredient: oranges! So, I had to go to plan b -- make-up my own recipe. (I wasn't too disappointed, because the orange skewers called for hot sauce, which I knew my girls would not be fond of!)

I marinated the meat in some sesame oil, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ketchup, sesame seeds, garlic, and rice vinegar. I slightly overcooked them, but they were YUMMY! I love when "flukes" end up in my recipe file! I also added the picture of our garlic green beans. Did I ever tell you that we stir-fry almost all our vegetables with garlic, and they are AWESOME?!?!? Try it!

And now, totally off the subject, just to make you sad...


2 comments:

our delightful life said...

Poor little girl.

Karen Hyde said...

Poor baby... but she's SO cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails