Monday, May 30, 2011

Back to crafting...

Now that we're starting to clean out our house a bit, (and I mean barely starting; really just looking around), I am finding some long lost treasures. Today I found these wooden canvas-wrapped blocks a friend had given me, so I thought they would be great to do something with...

I had the girls use my horrible-doesn't-stick-to-anything Dollar store masking tape to tape a design on the blocks...

Next came our apple chip snack...


And then they painted over the whole thing.

We waited several hours for the paint to dry, and then pulled back the tape to reveal their design! They were a little disappointed, I think, because the "design" wasn't what they expected. This project would definitely work better on a larger canvas. But, I can't wait to think of another use for these in our new home!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails