Monday, August 10, 2009

Homemade Corn Dogs

So, it was one of those nights... nothing prepared for dinner, and Daniel was gone; what to do? I stared at the freezer, and then noticed a pack of hot dogs, but no buns. Believe it or not, I have never made hot dogs for my girls, but I did have that pack in the freezer for just such an occasion.

Because of the lack of buns, I decided to try corn dogs. How fun, I thought! I also had zero fruits or veggies, but went with tater tots as a side. My girls didn't like them the first time I tried, but it had been almost a year, so I thought I would give it another shot.

Ok, now nobody told me that oil doesn't boil. I waited, and waited, and waited... finally, I stuck my first hot dog in, and it was instantly black! Yikes! Smoke filled the room. Oops.... I turned the heat way down, but the others still "cooked" in seconds, leaving the dough underneath to still be doughy. Lesson learned...

Overall, it was still a fun experience and I can't wait to try it again, now that I know what to do. The best part??? The girls actually loved both the corn dogs and the tater tots! In that way, I would say it was a success!




1 comment:

Karen Hyde said...

Fun! How did you make the batter?

Related Posts with Thumbnails