Monday, May 31, 2010

Apricots

So, we've taken our apricots and done waffles...

...smoothies...
... and now, this:
Yup, I'm attempting to make apricot jam. Oh my goodness... it is SO intimidating! I have been reading different recipes all day, and really wish I knew somebody who could tell me exactly what to do. But, I am being adventurous, and trying to figure it out. Everybody has their own method, it seems.

I really should be working on Allison's birthday preparations. Or sleeping... that sounds nice, too! Instead, I am attempting to be a pioneer woman. I really, really hope it turns out! If so, I promise to share! (And, I promise to write a step-by-step tutorial for those who are as intimidated as me, and need some clear direction!)

Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am so proud of you! I have wanted to make my own jam for years now, but never have due to my own intimidations.

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

Thanks, Jennifer! I would love to talk you through it if you want. You should bring the kids over to pick apricots!

Shannon Cecil said...

Brings back memories of the apricot trees we used to have when I was a kid. Ooooh the picking up of the rotten fruit...

Related Posts with Thumbnails