Monday, May 24, 2010

Sharing the Aloe

It's not even officially summer yet, and I've already experienced my first bad shoulder burn. Why do I always forget how white I am? Luckily, we have a large aloe plant in the back yard that always saves me from peeling and blistering.

So, why am I talking about aloe while showing a picture of my girls painting pots? Because it's meaningful Monday, of course! And, the girls and I decided to paint some pots we found on clearance at Ikea for 29 cents, and fill them with aloe for the neighbors.
The yellow and blue are suppose to represent the sun, sky, and water for summer...

Getting ready to dig up the aloe!

I couldn't resist a shot of our yummy apricots. We ate our first ripe one, today! Ok, back to the aloe...
See all the little succulents growing? That's what we dug up to plant in the pots!

Filling the pots with soil...

Watering the newly planted aloe...

Admiring the hard work...
Ok, I'm off to enjoy some bbq ribs for dinner! I promise the giveaway is coming, soon. I haven't forgotten!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails