The craft was inspired by "Blue Eyed Freckle." You can find her original post HERE. We altered it just a little so that the girls were the ones both making the craft, as well as playing with the result.
We started off with foam, and the girls traced and cut stencils out of it.
Next, came the fun part... taking a bath and sticking the pieces all over. I kid you not; the girls were in the bathtub over an hour, and only consented to get out because Daniel came home with pizza for dinner.
* 1 cup butter
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup rolled oats
* 1 cup crisp rice cereal
* 1 cup flaked coconut
* 1 cup ground walnuts
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon cream of tartar (available in the spices section)
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used 2 cups, plus 1/2 cup white chips!)
1. Cream together the butter and the sugars. Mix in the oil and the flour. Add in the oats, crispy rice cereal, coconut, nuts, vanilla, salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, eggs and chocolate chips. Mix until well blended.
2. Drop by teaspoons or tablespoons on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 15 minutes.