Saturday, April 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daniel!

Today is my Sweetie's 35th birthday... gosh, we're getting old! We drove to Monterey Park for a wonderful family celebration of dim sum this morning, but I forgot the camera... bummer! Anyway, Daniel spent the afternoon washing his car while the girls played in the sprinklers!


Meanwhile, Sierra and I finished up a project we started yesterday... sweet sushi! It was Allison's idea, actually. She thought we needed a theme to celebrate Daniel's birthday, and thought sushi would be perfect. Hooray for a creative daughter!

The top, of course, is rice krispy treats and Swedish fish with green fruit roll-up "seaweed." The bottom is cake, homemade lemon frosting, and "roe" sprinkles! It was a fun surprise, which he seemed to enjoy!


Now the girls are almost down, and it's time for the birthday boy and me to watch his birthday present, "The Blind Side." I have wanted to see it for a long time, and I am so excited!! (eh-hem... I mean, I really thought Daniel would enjoy it, so I got it for him! :) ) (Notice Allison wearing Papa's new shirt; so sweet!)




2 comments:

mel said...

I really enjoyed the last picture with Sierra with her crying face, she prob. wants some of that "sweet sushi"!! Is this idea from familyfun.com??

happy birthday Dan!!

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

Hey Mel! I know Family Fun does do a version of sweet sushi, but I actually just googled images of candy sushi and took ideas from there!

Related Posts with Thumbnails