Friday, April 23, 2010

Lunch

One good thing that came from my diabetic diet: my daily salad for lunch! (Well, almost daily!) With a yummy crusty bread from Costco, (not permitted on the diet, but oh so good now!)... the perfect lunch!

Salad "must-haves" for me:
  • Brianna's dressing (any flavor; I have 5 favorites!)
  • toasted almond slices (I use Trader Joe's and toast them in the toaster oven!)
  • avocados ( I wouldn't be a true Californian without them :) )
  • protein (either chicken or eggs!)

3 comments:

our delightful life said...

We put apples on our salads. A must have in our home.

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

I'm eating a salad with apples right now, LOL! I didn't put that as a staple, though I use apples almost always, because I vary the fruit... pears and strawberries are 2 more favorites!

Karen Hyde said...

So, uh, when's lunch? LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails