Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

So, I debated and debated about bringing stockings up to Grandma's house. This whole Santa Claus thing is so confusing to me. I finally decided to leave them at home, but found Grandma had some stockings for the girls here!


That was wonderful... until I realized on Christmas Eve night that I had no gifts from Santa. We scrounged around and came up with some bubbles. Bubbles!?!? Really?!?!? My girls have tons of bubbles at home and play with them all the time. Well, we'll make the best of it!


Natalie's response to Santa: "Guess what, Grandma? Santa brought me bubbles! How did he know that's what I wanted?" Too precious! Can't they stay 4 and 5 forever?


Opening presents is always so fun with little ones. I love that the girls really have no expectations, and don't even really ask to open presents. They're very mellow about the whole thing, but still love to do it. I'm sure a day will come when that all changes!


It was such a cozy time; rain outside, but warm and bright inside.



Grandma got each of the girls special dolls that were a big hit!


Sierra was very content just being in a room with family, and playing with wrapping paper. Ok, so 1 is a fun age, too!



We got a fun globe, (among other things!), that will be great for homeschooling.

Sierra was very generous with her snuggles; especially with Uncle Nate and Grandma! All the excitement is tiring for a little one!

But, she still had energy to walk-off with Mama's water bottle. Oh, have I told you how much she's walking now? Pretty much all the time, with an occasional crawl. I am SO happy to have a walker!


Before dinner, Grandma did the girls' hair and let them dress-up in some of her clothes.





Dinner: prime rib grilled by Uncle Nate... doesn't get much better than that! We were all shocked at the amount of meat Allison ate.


It was a small family gathering, which was perfect. Cozy. Casual. Yummy. I sat at the table feeling so incredibly blessed.



Even Sisers appreciated the yummy dinner! Until next year, prime rib...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails