Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ornaments and Oreo pops

It's true. December really is the busiest month of the year. (I'm sure you really needed me to tell you that!) I have about 5 blog posts just waiting ** sigh** Let me just start with today! Today was our MOPS leadership brunch. I just love this kind of thing. Good food... good company... a true blessing! I decided to have a homemade treat and a homemade ornament to go along with the brunch.

For the treat I did some peppermint Oreo pops. I got the idea for the pops from another blog, (can't find it right now), but decided to add the peppermint flavoring and crushed candy canes myself. In order to make them, essentially all you do is twist the Oreos open, dip your sticks in white candy melts, stick it in the middle, and push them back together. To wrap them, I used celophane bags from the dollar section in Target, cutting about 2 inches off the bottom.

For the ornament, I had no idea what I was going to do until last night. I bought the adorable plastic ribbon candies, (they come in a pack of 4 from the Dollar Tree, and decided to use those and make some glass tags to go with them.

For the "tags," I used a glass bead from the Dollar tree, and decoupaged it over the little saying I wanted. I then cut around it, decoupaged the back, and let it dry for about 10 minutes. Next I glued on a hook thingy, (unofficial term). Finally, I just strung it together with the candy and I had a cheap, but very cute little ornament.

Wish I took a better close-up picture of it... sorry!

It was a beautiful morning.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails