Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"Salt in Hand"

This post is dedicated specifically to Karen, whom I promised I would get this recipe to, but never did... sorry for the delay, Karen!

Ever since going to Texas, (which I still hope to blog some day!), we have been making Dutch Baby for breakfast quite often. It is just too easy and too yummy to pass up. A few weeks back, I made it 4 days in a row, per request by Sierra. Each morning she would ask, "Salt in hand?" You see, I made the mistake of letting her help the first day and... you get the idea! Anyway, it is quite simple and delicious, so I will give you the recipe I use at the end of this post. In the meantime, look who decided she should sit at the big table and eat her cereal all by herself:



DUTCH BABY:
3 eggs
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup flour
pinch of salt
pinch of nutmeg
2 T butter

Directions: Mix all ingredients together, except butter. Melt butter in 8 inch square baking dish at 375. Pour ingredients over melted butter. Bake at 375 for about 15 - 20 minutes, (until lightly brown on top!) Cut and serve with syrup and fresh fruit.

1 comment:

Karen Hyde said...

Yum! Guess what we'll be making this weekend. ;) Oh - I made your popovers the other day. They were a hit. So thanks for posting recipes. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails