Saturday, August 6, 2011

Why do I forget to Count My Blessings?

Just in the last week, I've made 3 trips to Ikea. The good news is, I found several awesome things for our family room/ kids classroom on sale. I didn't think it would be possible to have them all set-up and ready by Monday - the first day of school! However, I started getting excited today thinking it might happen.
Unfortunately, things aren't going quite as planned -- some projects are taking longer, some are not working, and tired kids are not cooperating. Thirty minutes ago I was completely stressed out about it. Then I went outside to look for something I threw away this morning and decided I needed tonight... (yes, another frustrating event that was unsuccessful)... but in the cool night air and the quiet I felt God tugging at my heart.

I wanted to stay grumpy, but I couldn't. I am feeling SO blessed to be in this house. My family is healthy and doing well. The girls' desks are all set-up and beautiful. The house is coming along slowly but surely... I had to go in and apologize to my husband for my attitude. He's so gracious. He had a big smile and knew it was coming!

Tomorrow we're going to do a fun little craft to get us ready for school. I will be sure to take pictures! For now, I am going to bed with a peace. I don't know why it's so hard for me to wait, but I am learning!

1 comment:

our delightful life said...

what a great reminder. thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails