Monday, August 18, 2008

Painting part 4

My first attempt at painting on the walls, (something other than a simple color), was doing Hello Kitty and her friends as well as 32 giant bubbles in Allison's new big girl room. I can't believe that was a year ago, already! Since then I ventured on to dog prints in the laundry room; (simple since I used a stencil!) Next came lettering our "Yeh family art museum" in the hallway. And now it's time for a new "project..."


This time, I decided to do giant berry-like branches in our living room. I drew my inspiration both from our curtains as well as an episode of "Design Star." I consulted my good friend who is an awesome painter ahead of time, and she advised me on the type of brush I should use. What a difference! And, I am no longer as nervous, so my hand doesn't shake like it used to.


Here's a sneak peek for ya. I am not done yet, but hope to finish tonight! I love having something creative to work on... it's like a little break from my role as mom!

1 comment:

Karen Hyde said...

Very cool, Cara. It looks GREAT!

Related Posts with Thumbnails