Monday, December 15, 2008

Rainy Day




BRRRR!!!!


Winter has come! It was only 48-degrees here, today. (I know, my midwest friends... but it felt very cold to us!) Today was one of those days that made me so glad I have a "free" schedule! We woke-up to pouring rain, and just stayed in our pajamas and did puzzles, painting, and baking. Well, sort of... We made no-bake cookies for the first time. And, I ate way too many! I remember having these at a friend's house when I was little, and loving them. I also remember thinking they were somewhat healthy just because they have oatmeal and peanut butter in them. Yea... nope! They're pretty bad for you, but they are delicious, and so easy! Here is the recipe:
No bake cookies
Ingredients:
· 4 ounces butter
· 1/2 cup milk
· 2 cups sugar
· 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
· 4 tablespoons peanut butter
· 3 cups oats, quick or old-fashioned
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation:
Place chocolate chips, peanut butter, oats, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Combine the butter, milk, and sugar in a saucepan; bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute. Combine the hot mixture with the oatmeal and chocolate chip mixture; stir well. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails