Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy July 4th!


Happy 4th of July, my friends! Don't my girls look sweet? You'd never know they were fussing and screaming just a minute before, and I had to threaten them to smile! (Seriously, it was one of those mornings!) But, we did have a fun afternoon. First, we painted our toes blue... (It's so fun having girls!) Then, we headed to our church small group friends' house for a bbq/ swim party. How American, huh? It's been a tradition the last few years, and such a blast. I was happy to get out of the house after a long morning, and was hoping the girls would swim themselves silly and sleep early. And, they did! It's now 7:15pm, and they've been out for the last half hour! Unfortunately, my sweet man has to work tonight. So, I may watch the quakes fireworks from our front porch, or I may just curl up with a book and fall asleep. Either way, I am enjoying the peace, and reflecting on what a blessing it is to live in the USA.







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails