Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Guessing Game, a Recipe, and a Day!

Can you guess what this is?

I'll give you a hint... They were used to make this:

They are SOY BEANS! And that liquid, of course, is homemade soy milk. Daniel had seen a demonstration of how to make fresh soy milk at Costco, and the Vita-mix man gave him this recipe. It is SO simple, and my newest love! (It's cheap, too!)
  • 1/2 cup dry soy beans
  • 3 cups boiling water
  • 4 TBSP sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Mix on high for 5 minutes. Turn off, and add 2 cups ice or cold water. Mix on low 2 minutes, and you're done. Of course, I had to make some cookies to go with it... especially after a day like today!

My girls are tired. Very tired. A month of birthday celebrations, swim lessons, VBS, play dates, normal life, no naps, and waking up at 5:30am because of their baby sister; Mom's tired, too. :) Tonight I experienced the drama of it all. Luckily, I had Bible Study this morning, and it was so appropriate for me today! What normally would probably feel overwhelming, was more of a laughing situation for me. Three girls all crying at once... (And, I mean CRYING!) After not seeing Daniel since Sunday night, it will take a lot of will-power not to throw the girls at him when he pulls up tomorrow!

Honestly, I am still smiling when I think about it. (Of course, I just ate a couple yummy cookies oozing with chocolate, and had my yummy soy milk -- that always helps!) How blessed I am!

  • I am so thankful that this is a rare occasion -- so rare, I decided to blog about it!
  • I am so thankful that my girls go to bed early, and I have had the entire evening to bake cookies, blog, and veg in front of HGTV!
  • I am so thankful that my husband has a job that allows me to be home so I know exactly what causes these dramatic days!
  • I am so thankful that the reason for the tears was my girls all wanting to sit on my lap by themselves at the same time... oh, how precious!
  • I am especially thankful for God's grace and wisdom in parenting. SO many times I question myself... am I doing what's right as a parent? God, are you sure you chose the right mom for these girls? And my God answers me... Yes. His grace is sufficient for me.
  • I am THANKFUL to be a wife, mommy, and daughter of the King!

3 comments:

our delightful life said...

rough week over here. your post made me smile!

Karen Hyde said...

So did you throw the girls at Daniel? ;) I'm glad God gave you the ability to laugh during a very trying day! I'm also glad you blogged about... it's always nice to know other moms struggle too. It makes me feel more normal.

Livin’ The Yeh Life’s said...

Thanks for the comments, M and K! You guys made me smile! Today was a new day, and I resisted throwing the kids at Daniel this morning! (Once again, only by God's grace!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails