Sunday, March 27, 2011

Faux Cream Puffs

It was Friday night.... or, more specifically, Family Fun Friday Night. The girls were asking what we were going to do, and I told them to have a quick bath with Papa and get ready for bed while I made a special dessert to go with our games.

The bath bought me an extra 15 minutes. An idea popped into my head. We love to make popovers at our house, and they are very simple! We had a thing of Cool Whip in the freezer, and a box of pudding in the cupboard. That was it!

I once made some Pampered Chef dessert with Cool Whip and pudding. I just put 2 cups milk, the frozen Cool Whip, and the box of pudding in my Kitchen Aid and beat it for a few minutes, then stuck it in the fridge. For the popovers, I mixed 2 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1 cup flour, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Pour into a greased muffin tin and bake @350 for 25 minutes. Last, I squirted the pudding mixture in, and it was so simple, so easy... and SO yummy! A huge hit! Best of all, there was plenty of time for our games...



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails