Saturday, June 18, 2011

Packing....

So, this is about what the inside of our house looks like right now:

Boxes, boxes everywhere! Admittedly, it hasn't been as bad as I thought. First of all, my mom helped tremendously while she was here. My husband is also a great worker when he is home. But, the stress that I anticipated just hasn't come! I am excited about moving, excited about organizing and throwing stuff away, and excited that we won't have to do this again for a long, long time!

Luckily, I hadn't packed away the ingredients necessary to whip-up a batch of homemade play dough. I think my big girls were out there for over an hour this afternoon, while the littlest slept.

Also outside is our newest friend, little apricot tree. He will be coming with us to our new house, but for now Allison is talking to him and watering him every day. (She even made him a picture, which you'll see taped to his pot! Don't worry; we are not raising a crazy little environmentalist! She's just a kid having fun. )

Our tomatoes are growing, but alas we will probably leave them before they are ripe... sigh...

But, we are getting our fair share of sugar peas to munch on before we leave. Did I mention we should be getting our keys in 4 days? SO excited!

1 comment:

Karen Hyde said...

I'm so glad moving hasn't been as stressful as you anticipated! I'm excited for you and can't wait to see your new home.

Related Posts with Thumbnails