Friday, December 9, 2011

Peppermint Playdough

Today marks the end of our 3 weeks of no school. I can hardly believe it's been 3 weeks, already! When asking the girls about school, Allison commented: "I really miss school... but I'm in no hurry to start-up, again!" Ha! I thought that was pretty funny.

Anyway, though we haven't had formal school, we've managed to keep quite busy. Today we decided to make some red and green peppermint-scented playdough in honor of Christmas. I am amazed at how long a fresh batch of playdough can keep them entertained. I am also amazed at how messy the floor gets under my 6-year-old!

We made pretty girls...

Christmas trees...

... more Christmas trees...

And, who knows what!?!? To make the playdough peppermint-scented, I just added a teaspoon of peppermint extract to a simple salt playdough recipe. It smelled deeee-licious!

Oh, how I love playdough!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails