Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year's Eve 2011

As usual we kept a pretty low-key New Year's Eve. Daniel had to work, so it was just us girls and Malachi! I explained to the girls that people often associate glitter with the new year, so we took advantage of the beautiful weather, headed outside, and glittered away!

Back inside, I had the girls fill out a 2011 Interview that I found on this site. I was so excited to find this, and I want to add it to our New Year traditions. I found out things, such as Allison wants to be a housekeeper when she grows up!


Allison made a paper chain to count down until midnight! The girls took turns tearing the chains off.
We also finished our night with our traditional puzzle, though Allison was frustrated, Malachi and Sierra were needy, and Natalie was overly tired and begging to go to bed... It was only 7:45pm. I went to bed shortly after the girls, and awoke only to hear the neighbors light off fireworks, blow horns, and yell "Happy New Year." And, a happy new year it has been so far!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails