Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fun Family Day




It was fun to have our first "family day" since being gone. Since it was once again in the high 90's here, I figured it was time to use our free coupons for Pump-it-Up and jump around in someone elses air conditioning. I love that place because I think Daniel and I have as much fun as the girls! From there we cashed in more free coupons at Chick-fil-A, then walked across the parking lot to ride bikes at REI. While family time is great, free family time is even better!


This afternoon while Daniel and Natalie took naps, I decided it was time to try out something I picked up at my convention. It is a book called "Kid Concoctions," by John E. and Danita Thomas. It is filled with all sorts of fun ideas of homemade toys, paints, doughs, putty, clays, glues, and edible concoctions. I heard the authors give their testimony and it was fabulous!




After a brief read, Allison and I decided to do "3-d Squeeze Chalk." The recipe was easy, fun, and the "chalk" worked great and washed right off with the hose. The recipe is as follows:


1/2 cup cornstarch


2 Tbs. flour


1/4 cup water


4-6 drops food coloring


Medium ziplock bag


We made 2 colors that Allison requested: green and pink. I would reccomend you try it, and buy the book! It is filled with 100's of incredible ideas! I have a coupon for "free shipping" if you're interested.

2 comments:

our delightful life said...

Oh I have to get that book. It sounds like a lot of fun. I'll check it out on amazon. Thanks for the recommendation.

3 SISTERS said...

Hello, I love your blog. I got it off of the texas butlers. You have such great ideas. I can't wait to see more.

Related Posts with Thumbnails