Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin this, pumpkin that!


I didn't wake-up the other morning with the intention of doing any baking, because it has been miserably hot here! (16 days of over 90-degree weather in October -- yikes!) Anyway, I was actually in a "cleaning mode," but as I cleaned out the refrigerator, I realized I had a lot of leftover pumpkin filling. So what else was I suppose to do? The girls and I quickly checked online for a pumpkin cookie recipe, and we decided to use the first one that I googled. (Click here for the recipe; they were delicious!)


Then I got a brilliant idea. I had bought these pumpkin-flavored Hershey's Kisses just because I was curious. I tried the corn candy flavored ones the year before, and wanted to try something new this year! Turns out, I'm not a big fan... they're very rich, and a little too pumpkinny! But, I thought they might be good in my cookies! So, I stuffed one pumpkin kiss inside each cookie before baking. Let me tell ya; Fresh out of the oven, they were delicious! Once they were cool, however, I still had the same problem with them. But, I would do it again, only next time I will chop-up the kisses before adding them to the cookies. If you get to it first, let me know what you think!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails