Sunday, February 8, 2009

baking banana bread...



What should one do one a cold rainy day? Why, bake banana bread, of course! (Oh, and throw in some chocolate chips, as well!) I happen to have a very yummy recipe that is very different from the traditional recipe. Before I had the internet, I had just one cookbook with a recipe for banana bread. It was from a "healthy" cookbook, and I was missing some ingredients, so I just substituted a few things, and loved how it turned out. Let me share it with you!


Cara's Banana Bread:
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup nuts (optional!!)
about 2 medium bananas mashed
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup oil (I use EV Olive oil!)
2 eggs
1 Tbsp lemon juice
Mix dry ingredients in one bowl, and wet ingredients in the other. Combine, then add mini chocolate chips. Bake in a greased loaf pan for 50 minutes at 350.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Corinne loved the video. :)
(Any bread left?)

Related Posts with Thumbnails