- Met at Krispy Kreme to see how doughnuts (circles) are made.
- Decorated circle plates with circle stickers (and markers)
- Came back and played red light/ green light with cut circles, and talked about the shape of wheels
- blew bubbles (circles)
- played "Jigalong" around a giant chalk circle
- Learned about time and clocks (circles) by gluing activity pictures onto a blank clock
- Played "What Time is it Mr. Fox?" by holding up a clock
- Strung fruit loop (circle) necklaces
- Learned about money (coins, circles) and played pretend shopping
- Sang "I'll do my best.. Oh, oh, oh!" and made giant circles with our arms
- Learned Proverbs 3:9 "Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the best part of everything your land produces." (Tied in best, and money)
- Made English muffin (circle) pizzas for lunch
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Being a former math teacher, I suppose I should have waited until March 14... 3.14 = pi day! But, today we celebrated "Circle Day" for our home preschool. In case you'd like to do a circle day of your own, I've included our list of activities at the bottom of the page.
WHAT A DAY!!