Sunday, February 1, 2009

Yummy easy recipe

Happy Superbowl Day!    GO (Ummm... who's playing, again?)  No, it hasn't been our year for football.  But, we will certainly enjoy today with our friends!  By now I'm sure your menu is set, but in case it isn't... here is something to try!  I made this up trying to remember what my friend R did when we visited her in Wisconsin.  I'm sure it isn't quite the same as her recipe, but it turned out great and we sure enjoyed it.  What should I call it?

Cara's tortelloni crockpot!  

Dump the following into a crockpot:

1 pkg frozen tortelloni
2 cups frozen corn
1 1/2 jars spaghetti sauce  (I had 1/2 jar already open in the fridge, which is why I did 1 1/2) 
about 20 meatballs (I used the frozen Aidell's from Costco, but you can make your own, too!)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can chicken broth  (again, I had  almost a full can in my fridge from the night before, so  I thought I'd throw it in!)

I cooked this all on low for about 4 hours.  Then I added about 5 oz monterey jack cheese, and some parmesan cheese at the end. I stirred it and let it cook another 5 minutes, then served it with some french bread.  If you actually plan out your meals, you could probably throw in some zucchini so your kids get a veggie.... we were just using up what we had!  Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Corn's not a veggie? :)

Yes, I love that recipe of Rhonda's.

(I finally made a google account so that I can comment on your blog. Wooohoo!)

Crystal said...

About how many Weight Watchers points do you think a serving is? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails