Monday, October 4, 2010

Baked Zucchini Fries

Oooh, yummy! EVERYONE, including Sierra, loved this recipe! Here's hoping you still have zucchini growing in your garden!

From "Two Peas and their Pod"

Baked Zucchini Fries

3 medium zucchini, sliced into skinny sticks
2 large egg whites, beaten
1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (we make our own)
2 T grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp dried basil
Pinch of dried oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Set aside. (We used melted butter!)

In a small bowl, beat egg whites with a fork until frothy.

Put the breadcrumbs, basil, oregano, garlic powder and cheese on a plate-I used a pie tin. Mix well.

Dip the zucchini sticks in the egg whites and then into the bread crumb mixture, make sure all sides get coated well. Place the sticks on the prepared baking sheet. I did the sticks one by one.

Bake at 425° for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and a little crispy. I turned over the fries half way through. Serve warm.

1 comment:

Karen Hyde said...

This is the recipe you sent me but I still haven't tried it! I cut up the zucchini to make it last week and was out of parmesan. Arg! I went shopping today... can't wait to try it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails