Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall weather: good or bad?

This fall weather has been UH-mazing! Cool, some sun, some rain... just what fall should be! The only problem is, it makes me want to bake. And eat. And bake, again. It actually makes me want to run, too, but with my husband working so much, it's been difficult to find the time...

I love how Allison propped her umbrella on her bike here. It gave us an idea! Today, despite the rain, we went for a family jog. Allison held the umbrella for herself in the single jogger, and Natalie held it for her and Sierra in the double stroller -- both with the help of Papa's engineering. It poured the entire 4 miles, but they were such troopers and stayed (mostly) dry.

So, why did we run in the rain? Just in the past week I've consumed some of this awesome doll cake from a birthday party...

Daniel came home with this box of goodies...

And, even though I have homemade chocolate chip cookies AND homemade oatmeal raisin cookies in my freezer, we still made these yesterday:




Gotta love what Natalie came up with here:


Yes, it wouldn't be fall with out a day of decorating sugar cookies with good friends. Besides, I heard there are no calories if you eat several of the little cookies, instead of one big cookie. Hmmm... I guess we'll be doing more jogs in the rain!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails