Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pookyheads


My parents arrived today... My girls were so excited we had to wait outside! Natalie reminded me that grandparents have privileges parents don't have. You see, when I was a kid, I was not allowed to pick dandelions and blow them as I would be spreading seeds all over. My mom was very clear about that. When it comes to grandkids, however, things have apparently changed. I remember a while back we were on a walk, and Grandma encouraged Allison, "Look, Allison! A 'pookyhead!'"
Pookyhead??!?! Are you kidding me?
My girls now love to blow pookyheads!
Silly grandma...

1 comment:

So Sunny Day said...

So sweet! I remember how my grandparents came to visit us in South America when i was little and I talked the WHOLE way home from the airport {1 hour drive} and they listened intently. i felt so special that night :)

Thank you for your sweet words on my Balancing Act post. I'm so glad it touched your heart! And I agree with you - God's Word is the best source for refocusing and encouragement.

Have a blessed day!

~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

Related Posts with Thumbnails