Saturday, November 6, 2010

Panda Birthday Party

What a beautiful day to celebrate Sierra's first birthday! We had a wonderful panda party, and feel so blessed by all the friends that came to celebrate with us! As I was planning, I had a lot of trouble finding panda birthday ideas, so I will share with you whatever ideas I found. I used my Cricut to do the birthday banner, and THIS tutorial from Candy and Cake to do the tissue paper pom pom. (I even used old wrinkled used tissue paper, and it turned out cute; who knew it was so easy!!) There were pictures, pictures everywhere! I found the black metal "S" for $0.30 at Michael's, got the fabric from JoAnn's, and the plates/ utensils from Dollar tree. I found this adorable paper doll, "Clementina," with her panda costume and other paper doll costumes from How About Orange. The Hello Kitty panda boxes were from Target in the dollar section. The panda crackers came from Muffin Tin Momma... what a fun idea to find! You can check hers out HERE. The panda cupcakes I just made up as I went. (I also found some cute rice ball pandas, and even panda bread, but it looked like WAY too much work!
For our craft, we did panda faces with pom poms and googly eyes from Dollar Tree, and circles and ovals cut with the Cricut. We also had a panda maze you can find here, a panda fact sheet/ coloring page from Enchanted Learning, and a Tollee the Koala bear from Kai Lan wearing his panda shirt and panda slippers from Nick Jr.
The birthday girl...
And, her adorable baby friends...
Chinese food!
Cousin Eythan... aawwwww...
Look at this adorable crown sweet Glory made for Sierra, (but Allison modeled!):
We LOVE the Page family!
Uncle George and Cousin Eythan:
CAKE TIME!!
PLAY TIME!
PRESENT TIME!
And, a special thanks to Grandma for all her hard work helping. We love you, Grandma!

3 comments:

Karen Hyde said...

What fun! What an awesome mom you are, Cara! Looks like the party was a hit and your crafts, cupcakes, crackers, decorations, etc. were amazing!

So Sunny Day said...

Super cute! I LOVE themed parties :)

~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

zerry ht said...

I'm so glad that you spent your time to post all these party details here. The decorations are superb. These kids are so blessed to have you as their mom. At the local garden themed event space Chicago I also would host my son’s star wars themed party. I hope that will be successful at this attempt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails