Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tea and a Craft

I am LOVING these crisp, cool fall mornings. This morning I asked the girls if they would like to sip on a chai tea latte while they did their school work. Of course, I got a resounding "YES!" I waited for the comments... "It's too spicy. It's too hot. I don't like it." Instead, I got "Mmmmmmm!" This may become a special morning ritual. It was so cozy!

Of course, this little girl didn't get a "special mug," like Allison's. **sigh**

"Mom, please don't take my picture at a time like this."

"SERIOUSLY?!??"

Ooh, that's better! (I am SO glad I found this cute mug. It was only in back of a zillion others on the tippy top shelf!)

Don't let the picture fool you. She was loving the latte, too! And now for the (ever so simple) craft:

This week we are studying, "I is for insect." We ordered some ants for our ant hill; (ironic since we pay Terminix to get rid of our ants), and are waiting for them to arrive. We talked about ants and how hard they work Monday, and have declared it work hard week around here. It's been a great way to get some organizing done without feeling guilty for telling the kids I can't play!

But, today we took a break from ants and looked at ladybugs. The girls have a ladybug game, so they know ladybugs eat aphids and other harmful insects, and are therefore good.

To them, all that matters is that ladybugs are fun to paint on rocks! So, that's what we did...




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails