Friday, October 14, 2011

Pumpkin Ice Cream

Happy Family Fun Friday! What do you do when October gives you 100 degree weather? Make pumpkin ice cream, of course! And, while I personally am not pumpkin'd out at all, unfortunately my family is. I may need to take a break from all things pumpkin... or else trade-in my family. I think I'll go with option A!

As we learned the first time making this super simple type of ice cream, it's always best to do the shaking outside!

And, even though they claim to be pumpkin'd out, they certainly seemed to enjoy this special treat! Although, Allison did only eat half of her bowl...

Here's my fellow pumpkin-lover:

Once Allison gave-up her ice cream, she traded it for the camera...

Finally, here's what happens when you try to take a bite of Sierra's ice cream:


Oh, so sad. I couldn't resist taking a picture! You see, her last bite of ice cream had melted, so she reached into Natalie's bowl. When I picked up her bowl and ate her last bite, I devastated her world. It was all over. Natalie even gave up her own bowl, but it was too late - Sierra would have none of it. Oh, the rough life of an (almost) 2-year-old!

Truly, I thought it was delicious and simple! Here's what I did:

Pumpkin Ice Cream:

1 1/2 cups half and half
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
red and yellow food coloring (optional)

Put all ingredients in a quart-size ziplock bag. Fill a gallon-size ziplock bag half full of ice, and add 1/2 cup coarse salt. Put smaller bag into larger bag, go outside, and shake away for 5 minutes. That's it! I promise! Hope your weather is a bit cooler than ours, but enjoy anyway!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails