Saturday, October 1, 2011

Goodbye, Summer!

Happy October! Let's see... the house is clean, the lawn is mowed, the pool is clean, and we even decorated for fall! This is a rare day, indeed! Even though it is officially fall, there is still some summer left in the air and we are enjoying a few of the summer perks, such as the ice cream truck!

I sent the girls out by themselves and let them pay, as I watched from the door. It was a little surreal to watch!

...And, evening popsicles and playtime on the Yehground. All too soon it will be too cold and dark to go out after dinner. Even now, there is a hint of chill in the air, that just warms my heart!






Swinging, sliding, imagining, blowing bubbles, picking flowers... I usually opt for these at night, rather than dishes. Sure, the dishes are waiting for me once the girls go to bed. But, there's something in the cool fall evening air that gives me such joy that the dishes don't seem that bad! Oh fall evenings, welcome!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails