Sunday, June 7, 2009

Birthday Traditions...

Sorry to keep you waiting! So, I only have 219 pictures of Allison's birthday to sort through. (YIKES!!) Where do I begin? Warning: I may be blogging about her birthday for a while! I'll start with two big hits this year, that also happen to be traditions.

  1. Every year, (thanks to the Merrill clan) the girls start their birthday morning with a present under their bed. This year, to go along with her birthday theme, I gave Allison a special tea cup and saucer. I wasn't sure what she would think, but was pleasantly surprised at how excited she was. Even today she wants to drink everything out of her new tea cup.

2. I have always wanted to do a special birthday chair for the girls, and I really wanted to paint it myself. After having Natalie, I realized it would be silly to try to paint it myself with two little girls hanging on me; especially when I have an incredibly talented Mom, who loves to paint. Check out this chair:




More to come tomorrow...

1 comment:

Karen Hyde said...

That chair is A-MAZ-ING! What a fun place to sit. When it's my birthday I'm totally coming to your house so I can sit in that birthday chair! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails