Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day Projects

So, I realized this afternoon that I didn't have a card for tomorrow, and I didn't have time to go buy one. What's a mom to do? Find something in bloggy land, of course! I found complete instructions for the card above at Alpha + Mom, and fell in love. You can check them out for yourself here. It is so simple, yet so cute! It even shows you how to do the tie. :) If I can get the house cleaned up tonight, I may go back and add some buttons or something for fun! Of course, Daniel is not exactly the suit and tie guy... nor is he a coffee guy, but look what the girls made:

We spent an afternoon a few weeks ago at Color Me Mine, and had so much fun! The girls did such a great job! Of course, there are plenty of things to paint there... why choose a mug? Well, even though he doesn't drink coffee, he does love his chai tea lattes. But, the real reason is because I wanted something to go on this coaster that I made him:

Isn't it awesome? We made them at one of our last MOPS meetings, and I fell in love. Just imagine the possibilities... an entire coaster set for the grandparents... small ones turned into magnets... endless ideas! I'll have to get the "recipe" from our MOPS creative activities coordinator for you, but I know they were super easy! And, last but not least, here are the girls creating their mugs:

Madame Serious.


Ms. Clown!

Happy Father's Day, Daniel!
You are the BEST dad, and our kids are SO blessed to have you!!
(and so am I!!!!!)

1 comment:

our delightful life said...

So what glue did you use on the coaster? I have to make one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails