At any rate, I have come up with some "gloom busters" for those of you who need a little sunshine.
- First of all, open your windows... let in the fresh air and whatever natural light you can!
- Bake some fresh bread and homemade soup. That's what we did for dinner last night, and it was so yummy! And, I won't be turning my oven on much in the summer!
- Light a yummy-smelling candle. The light and the scent will lift your spirit! I got this butterfly one at Bath and Body Works on clearance this week, and LOVE it!
- Have a cup of coffee or tea, and some fresh-baked sweets. We made raspberry streusel muffins this morning, and I think I've already had 4! :)
- Go outside! It's not raining, and it's not even that cold. It's a good time to work on the garden, go for a hike, or just play in the sandbox with your kids. Don't forget how hot the slides get in the summer, and head to the park, too!
- If you want to stay inside, do some crafts, play doh, or board games with the kids. Take the time, today... they're growing up fast! The laundry will still be there tomorrow! Here Allison and I simply glued stale fruit loops to some paper, and she had a blast.
- Put on your favorite jeans and sweater; pretty soon you'll be longing to wear them, again!