Saturday, September 4, 2010

On the Mend...

Hello Friends! I am SO happy to report that the Yeh house is on the mend. I wish I could say we are all 100% better, but at least we seem to be through with the worst of it; (and I was even spared from it!) On the first day of the sickies, poor Allison just wanted to be by us, so here she is on the floor of the kitchen.

Natalie (and I) were the only ones not sick the second day, so I had to keep her entertained while I tended to Sierra and Allison. After lots of coloring, puzzles, and computer, I finally decided to make her some oatmeal playdoh. We had never tried it before, and the recipe is so simple! Thankfully, it bought me a few hours, as Natalie is my big time playdoh girl!

Oatmeal Playdoh Recipe:
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup flour

Today was day 4, and Sierra is the only one who seems to have lingering problems. The big girls still don't have much of an appetite, but they did have some tea and Papa's famous pancakes. (That lasted them the whole day until supper!)

In an effort to rid our house of germs, today was cleaning day. I mean, scrub-scrub-scrub! And, laundry-laundry-laundry! Sheets, towels, rags, clothes... we couldn't even finish all the laundry! Sierra sure had fun on the bed with the pillows, though!

And, finally... we got around to making our lemonade! The girls have been asking for about a week, now. I love that our tiny tree produced 6 cups of lemon juice concentrate -- and there are still about a dozen lemons on it! With a hint of fresh mint from our backyard, Daniel and I are enjoying a glass right now. The girls want a lemonade stand sometime... we'll see!



Once again, this was a perfect activity for the girls. They are at just the right age to do this by themselves, while Daniel and I continued to CLEAN! So, as bummed as I am that we are not up at Lake Gregory with our friends, at least our house will be clean this weekend!

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

2 comments:

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Oh no!!!! That's terrible!!! I'm bummed for you and your friends!! A cabin up at a lake sounds SO nice. :-( Glad you're all on the mend!! Hugs!!

(But how fun on your lemon tree!!!)

our delightful life said...

so glad to hear you're on the mend. hope the sickness leaves!!! i've missed you. and i got the burlap at a fabric store, hobby lobby. don't think california has them but i'm sure you can find burlap at joanns.

Related Posts with Thumbnails