Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Candy Cane Hearts


I know, I know... candy cane hearts are nothing new. They have been all over blog land for the past few years. But, they are new to me! This is the first year I actually remembered to purchase mini candy canes at the post-Christmas sales. They are so simple, and you can find the directions almost anywhere, but in case you need them, here they are:

Place candy canes together to form a heart on parchment-lined cookie sheet. (I have a reusable piece of parchment that I LOVE... thanks, Mom!) Bake at 250 for 8 - 9 minutes. Gently squeeze ends together. (I was afraid to use my fingers at first, and used a large food clip, which stuck to the candy canes; hence my casualty. Lesson learned.... use fingers!) That's is!

These are just another item I'm getting prepared for our upcoming MOPS fondue dinner. I'll show you how I use them, soon! One more day in San Diego, then it's time to come home and get to work -- the fondue is Friday!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails