Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A War and a Tea Party

Today we busted out another educational game from Grandma; Math War! I brought out our lovely Ikea abacus to help Allison with the subtraction problems. You remember the game of War, right? Lasts forever? Well, that's actually a good thing here; lots of math practice!

I made Allison do all the problems; both mine and hers. They are simple addition and subtraction facts. She did a super job! And, of course, she won... not sure how, but she always wins War! She made sure to point out that she beat a math teacher... we'll have to work on humility next!


We had a lovely tea party in the afternoon. This gorgeous Alice in Wonderland tea pot with 2 cups and saucers were a Christmas gift from Uncle George and Aunt Carol. Somehow, they always come up with the most amazing and wonderful gifts!

On a side note, I decided to give up Facebook for a while. Not sure how long... A minimum of a month. Maybe I'll check it the first of every month just for fun! Anyway, Erika -- if you're reading this -- I will definitely not be giving up on my blog! Thank you for your sweet words! This is super fun for me, and I plan on doing it as long as I can! :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails