Thursday, September 22, 2011

3 True Stories from Today

This morning I woke-up super excited to use my leftover pumpkin pie mix from the smoothies and the cookies to make myself a pumpkin latte. I brewed the shot of espresso, mixed the milk, pumpkin, and spices, combined the two and took a sip. It was heavenly. I had to make myself grab the camera before guzzling it. I snapped this picture, and then took my next sip. Hmmm.. "Is that a clump of cinnamon?" I asked myself. I spit it out, and then screamed in horror. The fly that I couldn't catch last night landed in my coffee... Poor Sierra began to cry from my scream, so I went to comfort her. For the next hour, she kept repeating, "Mama bug in foffee!" Needless-to-say, I was quite bummed, (and totally disgusted). But, I had to laugh, as well... part of my devotion read, "... When little things don't go as you had hoped, look to Me lightheartedly and say, 'Oh well.' This simple discipline can protect you from being burdened with an accumulation of petty cares and frustrations. If you practice this diligently, you will make a life-changing discovery: you realize that most of the things that worry you are not important." From "Jesus Calling," by Sarah Young. AMEN!

The phone rang -- it was a friend I was suppose to meet at the library, but Sierra threw-up this morning so I had to cancel. We hadn't talked in quite a while, and we shared a bit of our homeschooling experience. She asked me if there were days I thought it wasn't worth it... I said yes, but then I try to think about what I really want to accomplish... beyond the reading, writing, and math! Right then the girls showed me this sign and told me they were throwing a "We love mom and we love Jesus party." YES; it is totally worth it!

Tonight Daniel came home with Sprinkles, again. I'm not sure I ever blogged about this in the past because I always ate the cupcakes too fast to take a picture! But, someone often brings Sprinkles to the fire station and I am often the lucky recipient. After dinner, the girls both turned down the cupcakes for a pumpkin cookie. (Crazy kids!) I love to look up what the dots mean online. This time it was red velvet and dark chocolate! I only meant to try a little of each... but somehow half of one and all of the other disappeared!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails