Monday, September 5, 2011

... By Number

Taking the kids out on errands is frustrating and annoying when they're not well-behaved; but taking them on a bunch of errands when they're well-behaved is downright dangerous! I end up buying them things they don't even ask for because I find them irresistible! Such was the case on Friday... We were at Tuesday Morning, and I couldn't resist these color-by-number Hello Kitty sets for $1.99. I have heard of paint-by-number, but never color-by number! They were a big hit!

Ironically, the next day Daniel takes the girls to the Dollar Tree, and they come home with these yarn-by-number sets. The look on Natalie's face says it all...

Yes, these were way too difficult for their age. (Ok, so they were even difficult for me!!!) So, I had an idea. I thought it might be time to teach the girls how to make friendship bracelets, and ence use the yarn!

At first, Allison was reluctant. She was quite determined to do her yarn by number! Once she saw Natalie getting the hang of it and enjoying it, however, she was ready to make the switch.

I was pretty impressed; shocked, actually, that Natalie was able to finally do it on her own. Not bad for a 4 1/2 year old! I was also impressed with how quickly Allison picked it up. Ironically, once again, when I told Daniel o the fate of the yarn-by-number sets, he said he chose those over a friendship bracelet kit thinking they were more age-appropriate. Hee... hee...

Look how proud...

So sweet!

1 comment:

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Fun! I haven't been in Tuesday morning in ages. Hope you are feeling well!!! Love the new house!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails